Our Lady of Victory Cathedral - Victoria, TX.

Parish Website: www.olvcathedral.org

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Song of The Week (12/7-12/13) - "One Thing Remains" by: Jesus Culture



 
 
CLICK THE LINK to download "One Thing Remains" on iTunes:
 
 
"One Thing Remains" Lyrics:
 
Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains

Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me

On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death and in life I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid there's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love
 
 
 
Reflection:

This season of Advent is one of waiting, watching and praying. We do so in the exuberant joy of Christ's love for us. When we take away all of the Christmas trees, gifts, wrappings, parties, food, drink and other festivities associated with Christmas, it all comes down to the Truth sung so beautifully by the group Jesus Culture: one thing remains, God's love for us never fails. Yes, as this song states, "In death, in life, I’m confident and covered by the power of Your great love. My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love..." The more we embrace the Truth of God's love for us, the more we become who God has created us to be.


1 John 4:19 - "We love because he first loved us."

1 Corinthians 16:14 - "Your every act should be done with love."
 
 
Rev. Gary Janak
 
Pastor
Our Lady of Victory Parish